Monday, May 31, 2010

A little snippet of love.

So let me just tell you something that makes MY HEART MELT:

A father's love for his child.

Today while at work, the door swung open, and my ears instantly began ringing. This 2 year old little boy had the loudest cry I've ever heard. So I jumped up from my seat to help them. They were assuming that his arm was broken.
I asked what happened and they explained, "he is a daddy's boy. And his dad had to leave and he wanted to go with. When he couldn't, he threw a fit and somehow wacked his arm on something".
So I took his vitals and carried him over to x-ray. (Don't worry that it took me at least ten minutes to get this munchkins temperature. He doesn't like the doctors.)
In the mean-time, his dad showed up. You can't even imagine how happy the little one was. And me. I was happy too. Because apparently I wasn't his favorite person in town..
So his dad held him while we took a couple of x-rays. After they were done developing, the doctor came in the room to have a look. So I took a step back and just watched.

I WISH you could've seen what I saw.
The way this father was stroking his little boys face. The look in his eyes. The way he held him. The way he rocked him in our swirly chair. My words will never be able to do it justice. But it's just one of those things that GETS ME. It was all so delicate.
I could've stood there for hours and just watched. Maybe because you don't see men do things like that very often. Or see them publicly caring about another person that much. It's just so..sweet. And I love it.

Days like today help me remember that it's the little things that help make up the big picture.

2 comments:

  1. Dear laur now that it has come to my attention that you are a part of the blogging community we can become even closer. I wish you could have witness that little episode with me as my roommate but its okay because now we are blog friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really nice. wish I could have witnessed such insight. but mostly i'm commenting because i really enjoy your new background. it's very fitting with your picture. and the "consider yourself stalked" super clever. love it.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones