Sunday, September 19, 2010

Thanks to fall,

If I could live on through anything, it would be fall. I want others to find joy in me, dream of me when I'm gone, and feel anxious about the day that we'll meet again. Those are my exact feelings toward this short, sweet season. Whenever I see or feel the first signs of fall, I can't help but add a little skip to my step. Something inside of me feels different than it does any other time of year.
Everything about fall makes me want to be in love.
Maybe it's because ever since I was little, I've pictured my wedding in the fall.
I want to hold hands down a leaf covered, cracked sidewalk.
I want someone to tuck my hair behind my ear when the wind blows it across my face.
I want to hug someone and press my cold cheek next to theirs.
I want to hear everyone sniffle as they walk into class.
I want to pull out leaves from under my windshield wipers.
I want to wear a jacket with shorts.

As much as I wish it could be fall year round, the short period of time that it's here for is somehow special every year. I can't wait to see what this year has in store. Logan town is an exceptionally BEAUTIFUL place in the fall. And campus is gorgeous. Breath-taking, actually. I knew I came here for a reason.
And how appropriate that Thanksgiving is in fall.
I give all my thanks to fall..

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones