Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yo Summmer,

THIS IS WHATS TRUE:


I was terrified of you. I saw you coming from a hundred miles away and I just sat and waited for you to hit like an angry tornado, ready to tear apart my life. I didn't know how I'd handle you and I didn't really know if I could. But that's the beauty of life eh? You take every thing one day at a time and sometimes, just sometimes, you realize that you love the things that you never knew you'd be able to.

  • You forced me to move back in with my parents. Thank you for that. I get to wake up to breakfast every morning with my dad, I get to talk with my mom in bed every night for at least an hour, I get the pleasure of free laundry, I get the scenic view of Heber from my balcony, I get to play Halo with Devin more than I ever want to, and I get to take baths in DECENT sized bathtubs.
  • I am on the road more than anywhere else. Me and my car have become great friends. I take care of her and she takes care of me. I've also fallen in love even more with John Mayer due to the amount of time he spends serenading me. August 31st couldn't come any sooner.
  • I figured out that I've taken so many things for granted the past 19 years of my life. Things have changed, and my heart is one of them.
  • I've met more people from Bountiful region than I think I've ever met in Heber my whole life. Okay, not really.. but seriously-so many. A few key people to name: Nicole Booth. Chris Jepsen.
  • They walk you to your car. They open your door. They make sure you get home safe. They surprise visit you. They appreciate homemade cookies.They think you ARE what you're worth. They are genuine guys. They are rare and hard to find, but you helped me remember that they're out there.
  • Due to the amount of time I spend alone, I am allowed quite a bit of time to ponder. It's my new middle name, Lauren PondeRuth Brown. New conclusions and goals have recently inhabited my mind. One being that I want to go on a mission. Two being that I want to go to medical school after I get my X-ray degree. Profession: still contemplating.
  • I love studying. Yes, sometimes I complain. But don't let that fool you.
  • I miss my friends. We're all figuring out our lives, taking different routes to get to our goals, and it the madness of it all, I barely see them. Thank goodness for vid chat, texting, facebook, and 2 hour phone calls. I love technology. I do.
  • I have an income? Those words are still exciting to my little ears! It's been a whole year since I've worked. But my job now= funnest, most entertaining, beneficial job I've ever had. Things I've learned how to do: Give shots, put in an IV, draw blood, throat swabs, pelvic exams (k....not the best part of my job), blood labs, suture removal, and x-rays.
  • Your sun isn't doing its job, but its alright. Because last time it did- I GOT FRIED. And I love the rain.
  • Group dates are genius. Not only for the purposes of getting to know the guy, but new GIRLS! I'm soooo fetchin excited to go back up to USU and put these new friendships into motion.

All-in-all, summer: You have been an amazing growing experience, and very satisfying. Youre kinda like a piece of steak, ya know? Kinda rough, hard to get through at times, but SO worth every bit of energy I've spent on you.
And I'm sure that you have nothing but goodness left to offer to me. So I'll be here. Just waiting for your next revelation. Do your worst.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this. you make me so happy. lets have a sleep over on friday? The bullet about genuine guys....already in my quote book. favorite line? "They appreciate homemade cookies" I've never even consciously thought about that, but its SO true. I feel like I've made cookies or other baked goods or things that I put time and effort into, and most the time, it couldn't have mattered less to them. love you is all. miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! You are awesome! I love this post! You make me so happy to be where I am at in life, and you help me to appreciate what I have in front of me: A job I love, a great family, fabulous friends and an amazing boyfriend. I feel like I do not give myself enough time in life to sit down and really think of the blessings I have in my life. You rock! Let's run into each other again soon this summer!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones