Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Behind the scenes.

Two weeks ago, I was standing behind my entire immediate family with the happiest heart you could probably ever imagine.
We had all gotten together at my older sister Rachel's house to celebrate my dad and niece Kallee's birthday.
It was time for cake when out of no where, Kallee dragged her little boom box into the kitchen and pushed play.
All of our heads turned to see her standing there with a bedazzled plastic microphone in hand. She stood there scared to death with all eyes on her, and started to sing. Shaky legs and all. And didn't miss one word might I add.
I looked around to see the look on everyones faces as they watched her shine. It was absolutely priceless. It was shocking to me to see that even at the age of 3, she knew that these were the people that loved her the most and wasn't afraid to be bold.
Standing behind everyone else, I was able to grasp all of the love that I felt for every single person in that kitchen. How close they all were to my heart, and to each others. It was surreal and incredibly breathtaking. With parents in Heber, a sister in Herriman, and 3 college students all going to different schools, it isn't very often that we all get to be together. I had to take advantage of the situation and just take a minute to realize how important these people were. Nothing matters more than family does.
I couldn't hold back my tears as these emotions ran through my body. Although I knew it wouldn't last forever, I did know that I could take that memory with me. I could remember the way I felt and hold onto it. And so that's what I've done.. remembered. I have the greatest family in the world and I'm so grateful for that.



The birthday girl! Kallee Jaye Olson, such a beautiful little girl- inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones