Monday, January 17, 2011

The Ultimate Security System

(Upon Rachels request) ** Dont mind how fat Rachel looks in this picture she had a baby three weeks later. And her body was back to smokin hot within the three weeks following.

So I haven't blogged for a month now, and believe me- I think about doing it every day. I just haven't known exactly what I've wanted to say. Maybe thats because my final paper for English last semester drained my writing skills for a while.
But right now, I know exactly what I want to say.
I LOVE FAMILY.
I love that everyone has a family, I love the idea of a family, I love how no other word brings as much comfort as 'family' does, and I especially love my family..

Carson and Simone came up to Logan yesterday and stayed the night. I have never been more excited/happy about any other visitor that has come to our little house. We didn't do anything overly exciting or off the walls. We sat in my living room and played games with Christopher, Brandon, and Bailey. And that was all it took to make me excited enough to blog about it!

Sometimes I look back and regret not soaking up every minute of childhood I had with Rachel, Garrett, Carson, and Devin. Those four people have literally shaped me into who I am today, right down to every scar on my face. I wish I could go back to the days when none of us had a care in the world other than who was going to get in trouble for talking in sacrament. There's something about each one of these individuals that makes them beyond amazing.
Its a dad who will send you flowers when you've stayed up all night sobbing, a mom who stays up for hours waiting for you to call and tell her all about your night, a sister who set the absolute perfect example for the rest to follow, an older brother who can make anyone and everyone feel like a million bucks, another older brother who made the perfect best friend and advice giver through every trial life threw at me, a younger brother who is teaching me the traits that I should've taught him, and a brother and sister in-law who fit so perfectly in our clan that they feel like originals.
It is so nice to know that no matter what happens, what right or wrong decision I make, whether or not I'm successful in all my endeavors, my family wont feel one bit different about me. They're the people who know my heart inside and out, and love it. I'm not sure how I got so lucky to be part of the family that I am, but I did. They are like the ultimate security system. With them, I have no fear. And I love them.


4 comments:

  1. Awwwww, I love you! How sweet is this??? So glad we have a family that is amazing :)

    P.S. I wish you would have put an asterisk under the photo that said this "* Don't mind how fat Rachel looks in this photo, she had a baby 3 weeks later :)*"

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO good to have you back. Brought tears to my eyes and I dont even know your family...is that weird? You're an awesome writer laur....true talent. I agree 100% p.s. with this post. If you can't tell by my blog- I'm a definite family lover as well. Love you. Love this. And love love your fam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha!!! Upon my request did not include "and her body was back to smokin hot three weeks later." In fact, one year later I'm still a work in progress. But I love that you love me anyway :)

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones